In 2019 the German Heritage Council of NJ will again offer several Scholarships in amounts ranging from $500-$1,000. Once again, we are also awarding a special scholarship to an exceptionally qualified candidate, in an amount of $1,000 or greater, in memory of our former chairman Ted Hierl. This is to honor his more than 20 years of outstanding leadership in the German Heritage Council.
We urge all clubs/organizations and schools to make this information immediately available to all applicable students. Please make copies of the application if necessary or check our website, http://www.ghf-nj.org
- Be a New Jersey high school senior
- Have a parent or grandparent of German Heritage and is currently a member of a German Club or organization OR have taken German classes.
Please Note: proof of the above must be included with the application.
- Fill out the entire attached application
- Send in an official transcript of the attending High School and include a list of activities.
- Write a one page essay in either English or German:
"What my German Heritage Means to Me" OR " Why I was interested in learning the German language. "
The APPLICATION and ALL SUPPORT MATERIAL must be postmarked no later than June 15, 2019 and addressed to: