In 2014 the German Heritage Council of NJ will again offer several Scholarships in amounts ranging from $500-$1,000. Once again, we are also awarding a special scholarship to an exceptionally qualified candidate, in an amount greater than $1,000, in memory of our former chairman Ted Hierl. This is to honor his more than 20 years of outstanding leadership in the German Heritage Council.
- Be a New Jersey high school senior
- Have a parent or grandparent of German Heritage and is currently a member of a German Club or organization.
Please Note: proof of membership must be included with the application.
- Fill out the entire attached application
- Send in an official transcript of the attending High School and include a list of activities.
- Write a one page essay in either English or German:
"What my German Heritage Means to Me"
The APPLICATION and ALL SUPPORT MATERIAL must be postmarked no later than June 15, 2014 and addressed to: